Damiano De Cataldo
Lead 3D Vehicle Artist
I have been living in Barcelona, Spain and working at Gameloft as a lead vehicle artist.
My previous career as car designer helps me to understand proportions
and volumes easily.
After a few years of automotive experience in companies like Pininfarina and Alstom,
I decided to move into Computer Graphics, my greatest passion.
Since 2013 I have been working in videogames and I’m currently managing a group of 3 artist
for one of the biggest Gameloft IPs: Asphalt 9.
Gameloft - Lead Veichle Artist
Barcelona, Spain September 2018 – working here
Leading the vehicle team group, composed by 3 artists plus me. Responsable for production planning on all its aspects, from internal models production to oursourcing, licensing and comunication between internal teams (programming, 2D, prodcution)
Gameloft - Principal Veichle Artist
Barcelona, Spain January 2018 – August 2018
Managing the vehicle team group. Outsourcing and licensing responsabilities.
Responsable for models quality and functionality in the game.
Gameloft - Veichle Artist
Barcelona, Spain June 2014 – December 2016
Modeling and texturing vehicle for Asphalt 8, the racing videogame for mobile phones.
Milestone - Veichle Artist
Milano, Italy Mar 2013 – Jun 2014
All things needed to create a veichle and make it works inside the game.
- WRC 4
3D Studio Max
Unreal Engine 4
Adobe After Effects
Italian (mother tongue)
Maga Animation Studio - Junior TD
Monza, Italy Jul 2012 – Dec 2012
Maya modeling and rigging, cloth and particles dynamics, comp with Nuke and After effects.
- TV series: "Acqua in Bocca" (modeling and rigging)
- Short movie "Birgale" (Lighitng, dynamics)
- Music clip "La paura" by Gran Tursimo Veloce. (Match moving and compositing with Nuke)
- App Game "Gormiti" (3D model optimization for mobile and rigging)
- Advertising for "Italo treno" (Modeling)
Artists I like
Spadaconcept - Lead 3D modeler, Designer
Torino, Italy Jan 2010 – May 2012
Design for car industry adn Surface modeling with Alias Surface Studio
- E mobility project (Xenova Terryman)
- Codatronca (Modeling and refine of the current car model)
- Codatronca Barchetta (Modeling of the new car and design of mechanical parts with Ercole Spada)
Alstom - Junior Designer
Paris, France Sep 2009 – Nov 2009
Styling and design of new concepts for railway transportation.
- Livery design for High Speed train
- Styling and design for a new railway transport (Project insert in the "presentation book" for Niece
F&F studio - Junior Designer, CAS modeler
Torino, Italy Jan 2009 – Aug 2009
Design, styling and modeling for transportation concepts such as cars and boats.
2010 - present
2010 - present
Pininfarina - 3D CAS modeler
Cambiano, Italy Aug 2008 – Oct 2008
3D Surface modeler with Alias Automotive Studio.
- Project B0, the electric car between Pininfarina and Bollorè.
Virtual Reality And Multimedia Park
Torino, Italy Sep 2010 – Jun 2012
VFX oriented school.
Maya, Nuke, Mudbox for movie production.
Modeling, rigging and dynamics, compositing and After FX.
Istituto Europeo Di Design (IED)
Torino, Italy Sep 2006 – Jun 2009
Diploma in CAR DESIGN. 3 years studying concept design for transportation and automotive. Thesis Project done with Aston Martin.